Student Health Insurance Options
The college strongly recommends that students purchase health insurance.
For further information about Health Insurance please click here.
- For information on the Affordable Care Act and the NY State of Health health insurance exchange click here.
- Affordable Care Act Navigators (ACA) and Certified Application Counselors (CAC) will be on campus to answer your questions and to enroll you, if eligible, for free or low cost health insurance. The schedule detailing when the ACA's and CAC's will be on campus is forthcoming. The schedule will include a list of which documents you should bring to help determine eligibility. Please visit our website again to continue to check for the updated Fall schedule.
- Click here for more information on Affordable Health Care specifically for international students (Also available in Spanish).
- Click here for more information regarding health insurance requirements for international students.
- Click here for additional health insurance options for international students.
- Stu-Dent is dental plan offered through New York University College of Dentistry created for college students.
- Hunter College CWS - Brief guide to health insurance terms
- Health Insurance Health Guide for College Students
- Health Plan One - Offers instant quotes and customer service to help someone tailor a plan that fits their specific needs.
- BestColleges.com - "The Student's Guide to Health Insurance"
- HHC (Health and Hospitals Corporation)
- New York State of Health "Student Fact Sheet"
- New York State of Health Qualified Health Plan Map
- New York State of Health Essential Plan Video (also available in Spanish)