Student Health Insurance Options
The college strongly recommends that students purchase health insurance.
1. Affordable Care Act (aka ObamaCare)
- For information on the Affordable Care Act and the NY State of Health health insurance exchange click here.
- Affordable Care Act Navigators (ACA) and Certified Application Counselors (CAC) will be on campus to answer your questions and to enroll you, if eligible, for free or low cost health insurance. Click here for the schedule of when they will be on campus, and what documents you should bring to help determine eligibility.
2. International Students
- Click here for health insurance options tailored specifically for international students.
3. Dental Care
- Stu-Dent is dental plan offered through New York University College of Dentistry created for college students.
Health Plan One - Offers instant quotes and customer service to help someone tailor a plan that fits their specific needs.DISCLAIMER: Hunter College is not responsible for any bills acquired by any of these agencies listed above. The identification of these an agency does not imply approval, warrant the accuracy of any information, or endorse any opinions expressed by any of these outside organizations. This list is intended for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. You should promptly seek professional medical care if you have any concern about your health, and you should always consult your physician before starting a fitness regimen.