Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

You are here: Home » Student Services » Counseling & Wellness » Wellness Services » Physical Activity Cards (PAC)
Document Actions

Physical Activity Cards (PAC)


All students, faculty, and staff interested in participating in recreational programs at Hunter College must obtain a Physical Activity Card (PAC.) To do so, visit Health Services (307 North) to read and sign the Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability form. This form will remain on file in the office.

Physical exams, while still encouraged, are no longer required for participation in Hunter's recreation programs.

Students from I.E.L.I., College NOW, Hunter High School, or who are enrolled in other summer or temporary programs are not eligible for PACs. Any questions regarding eligibility can be directed to Patricia Jajoute, Wellness Services Specialist, at 212.772.4800.

Students who must undergo physical exams for clearance to participate in athletic teams, study abroad, or specific courses typically receive the alternate version of the PAC. This version of the PAC will not be distributed, however, until nursing services are reinstated in Health Services.

When these services are reinstated, students may obtain their PAC by submitting the required Medical Record form [pdf]. This form must be the original, filled out in its entirety, including all examiner information, and stamped by a physician, nurse practitioner or other appropriate health care provider. It should be submitted, in person, to Health Services.

Please be advised that the nurse practitioner position in Health Services is currently vacant. As a result, we are unable to offer in-house physical exams until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience.

There is a $5.00 replacement fee for lost or stolen Physical Activity Cards.



Contact Us

Office of Health Services
t: 212.772.4800 | f: 212.650.3254
Room 307, Hunter North

Health Promotion & Education
t: 212.772.4909 | t: 212.650.3397
Room C001, Hunter North

t: 212.772.4931
Room 1123, Hunter East

For assistance after 5:00 pm, or in the case of an on-campus emergency, please call
Public Safety at 212.772.4444
. In the case of an off-campus emergency, call 911.

DISCLAIMER: Our provision of links to external websites does not imply approval, warrant the
accuracy of any information, or endorse any opinions expressed on any of the external websites.