We at Hunter believe that if you have the support to balance the many aspects of your life, to the best of your ability, and make healthy decisions regarding your behavior then you have a good chance at succeeding in your personal and academic endeavors.
Here are some of the main areas of wellness that you can review in relation to your own health. You are encouraged to look for these activities and services on campus.
- Physical wellness is characterized by the understanding of the importance of nutrition, exercise and behavior as it relates to disease and unhealthy living. Activities and services in this area create an awareness and knowledge of your bodies’ health to ensure your ability to function at an optimal level. Click here to visit Athletics and the .
- Emotional wellness is characterized by your ability to understand and express emotions in a healthy and appropriate manner. Activities and services in this area help you create a self-image that is positive and enthusiastic about life and its possibilities and also limit the negative emotional impact on yourself and others. Visit .
- Social wellness is characterized by the ability to interact with a variety of people and the capability of developing intimate relationships based on trust, sharing, and respect. Activities and services in this area encourage you to gain the interpersonal skills necessary to lead a socially fulfilling life in an increasingly diverse society. Click here to visit Student Activities.
- Intellectual wellness is characterized by ongoing learning and critical thinking both in and out of the classroom. Activities and services in this area encourage you to strive for academic success and encourage the pursuit of learning in all aspects of your life. Click here the visit the Center for Student Achievement.
- Spiritual wellness is characterized by your ability to integrate beliefs and values with behavior. Activities and services in this area help you to make ethical and moral decisions based on personal values.