About The Hunter Gatherer
The Hunter Gatherer publishes news about upcoming programs and activities sponsored by the Division of Student Affairs, and other matters that have special interest and relevance to a broad community of Hunter students, such as important administrative announcements.
HOW IT WORKS
- Submissions are published on The Hunter-Gatherer Web site.
- The Hunter Gatherer e-newsletter contains headlines and abstracts with links to expanded announcements on the Web site.
- All students, faculty and staff receive The Hunter Gatherer e-newsletter
- We publish every two weeks during the academic year, and every three weeks during the summer.
- We do not publishe during Spring Recess, Thanksgiving and Winter Break
NOTE: For additional information about a specific announcement, please contact the department that posted the item. We are not able to answer questions about the listings.
Editor: Li Gardiner, Office of Graphic Design / Office of Student Communications
Assistant Editor: Sommer Dowd
Executive Editor: Eunice Lewis-Broome, Director of Student Life
WHAT TO SUBMIT
Submissions without adequate information will be returned for additions.
- Include a succinct but informative headline
- Edit your descriptive information to one or two paragraphs. Longer submissions may be returned for editing.
- Explain what will happen at the event, or what students will do, or get out of it
- Please spell out the Date or Deadline (for applications), Time and Place.
Please include the Day of the Week, for example: Monday, July 22
For events with multiple dates, please provide a list of dates.
- Current contact information is very important.
- Spellcheck your text and also have somebody else read it.
- If you include internet links, please include the full URL (Web address), for example: http://www.hunter.cuny.edu.
- We are not able to publish images.
HOW TO SUBMIT
To Use the Easy Online Form . . .
- Go to https://ww3.hunter.cuny.edu/studentservices/view.php?id=13
- Follow the step-by-step guidelines.
To Submit a Microsoft Word Document . . .
- Type your text in Microsoft Word, in 12 pt. Times New Roman font.
- Do not use styles. Do not use all caps.
(If your information is already formatted, you can easily clear the formatting.
Just paste your text into a new Word document and choosing Paste Special/ Unformatted Text.)
- Attach your MSWord document to an email.
- Send your email to: Gatherer@hunter.cuny.edu
Summer 2014 Publication Deadlines
|Submission Deadlines ||/||Publication Dates|
|Tuesday, June 3
|Friday, June 6
|Tuesday, June 17
|Thursday, June 19
|Tuesday, July 1
|Thursday, July 3
|Tuesday, July 22
|Thursday, July 24|
|Tuesday, August 5
|Thursday, August 7
|Tuesday, August 19
|Friday, August 22
|Classes Begin Thursday, August 28
Labor Day: Monday, September 1
|Tuesday, September 2
|Friday, September 5
|Welcome Week: Tuesday, September 2- Friday, September 5
Convocation: Wednesday, Sept 10 (to be confirmed)
|Tuesday, September 16
|Friday, September 19