About The Hunter Gatherer
The Hunter Gatherer publishes news about upcoming programs and activities sponsored by the Division of Student Affairs, and other matters that have special interest and relevance to a broad community of Hunter students, such as important administrative announcements.
Please note: For information about a specific announcement, please contact the department that posted the item. We are not able to answer questions about the listings.
HOW IT WORKS
- We publish your submission on The Hunter-Gatherer web site (these pages).
- In the e-newsletter, we publish your headline (and, when space allows, a brief abstract) with a link to your text on this site.
- All students, faculty and staff receive The Hunter Gatherer e-newsletter.
- We publish every two weeks during the academic year.
- We publish approximately every three weeks during the summer and winter breaks.
- We do not publish during spring recess or Thanksgiving week.
Editor: Li Gardiner, Office of Graphic Design | Office of Student Communications
Assistant Editors: Nida Amjad, Miesha
Executive Editor: Eunice Lewis-Broome, Director of Student Life
HOW TO SUBMIT
To Use the Easy Online Form . . .
- Go to https://ww3.hunter.cuny.edu/studentservices/view.php?id=13
- Follow the step-by-step guidelines.
WHAT TO SUBMIT
Submissions without adequate information will be returned for additions.
- Include a succinct but informative headline
- Edit your descriptive information to one or two paragraphs. Longer submissions may be returned for editing.
- Explain what will happen at the event, or what students will get out of the opportunity
- Spell out the Date or Deadline, including the day of the week, for example: Monday, July 22.
(For events with multiple dates, you can type a list of dates in the "text" area.)
- Spell out the Time. For example: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm.
- Spell out the Place. For example: 417 West Building
- Current contact information.
- Spellcheck your text and also have somebody else read it.
- If you include internet links, please include the full URL (Web address), for example: http://www.hunter.cuny.edu.
- We are not able to publish images.
We do not accept PDF files.
We no longer accept Microsoft Word attachments, except by prior arrangement. They are invariably either missing information or use formatting that cant be posted in the CMS. If you must submit a Microsoft Word Document because it contains an event calendar or embedded links, please use the following guidelines:
- Type your text in in 12 pt. Times New Roman or Calibri font.
- Do not use any styles. Do not use all caps.
(If your information is already formatted, you can easily clear the formatting. Just paste your text into a new Word document and choosing Paste Special/ Unformatted Text.)
- Attach your MSWord document to an email.
- Send your email to: Gatherer@hunter.cuny.edu
2015 Publication Deadlines
|Submission Deadline |
Monday at 12:00 pm
Friday unless noted*
|January 6||January 9|
|February 2||February 6|
|February 16||February 20|
|March 2||March 6|
|March 16||March 20|
|March 30||*Thursday, April 2|
|Spring Break: Friday, April 3 - 11
|April 13||April 17|
|April 27||May 1
|Memorial Day: Monday, May 25
|Commencement: Wednesday, May 27|
Please visit our website closer to the end of the semester for Summer 2015 publication dates.