About The Hunter Gatherer
The Hunter Gatherer publishes news about upcoming programs and activities sponsored by the Division of Student Affairs, and other matters that have special interest and relevance to a broad community of Hunter students, such as important administrative announcements and college-wide or CUNY-wide events.
Please note: We are not able to answer questions about our contributors' announcements. For information about a specific announcement, please contact the department or organization that posted the item.
HOW IT WORKS
- We publish your announcement on The Hunter Gatherer web site (these pages).
- At the same time, we distribute an e-newsletter via email to the entire Hunter community. The e-newsletter includes your headline (and, when space allows, a brief abstract) with a link to your announcement on this site.
- All current students, faculty and staff receive The Hunter Gatherer e-newsletter.
- We publish every two weeks during the academic year.
- We publish approximately every three weeks during the summer and winter breaks. We do not publish during spring recess or Thanksgiving week.
Editor: Li Gardiner, Office of Graphic Design | Office of Student Communications
Assistant Editors: Sharon Vega and Abby Torres, Office of Graphic Design | Office of Student Communications
Executive Editor: Eunice Lewis-Broome, Director of Student Life
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Please use our easy online form.
- Follow the step-by-step guidelines in the form.
WHAT TO SUBMIT
Submissions without adequate information, and very lengthy submissions may be returned for editing or correction.
- Include a succinct but informative headline
- Describe what will happen at the event, or what students will get out of the opportunity
- Edit your description to one or two paragraphs
- Spell out the Date or Deadline, including the day of the week, for example: Monday, July 22
(For events with multiple dates, you can type a list of dates in the "text" area)
- Spell out the Time. For example: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Spell out the Place. For example: Room 417, West Building
- Include current Contact Information
- Have somebody else proofread your text
- Provide links to more information. Please include the complete URL (Web address), for example: http://www.hunter.cuny.edu
- We are not able to publish images
Please be aware that publication dates and submission deadlines may need to be revised due to circumstances beyond our control. If you are planning your student communications calendar for the upcoming year, please check this page from time to time for the most current deadlines.
|Submission Deadline ||/||Publication
|Monday, August 22, at 5 pm||Friday, August 26|
|Friday, September 2, at 12 pm||Friday, September 9
|Please note that Monday, September 5 is Labor Day. Campus is closed.|
|Monday, September 19, at 5 pm||Friday, September 23
|Monday, October 3, at 5 pm||Friday, October 7
|Monday, October 17, at 5 pm||Friday, October 21|
|Monday, October 31, at 5pm||Friday, November 4
|Monday, November 14, at 5 pm||Friday, November 18|
|Monday, November 28, at 5 pm||Friday, December 2
|Monday, December 12, at 5 pm||Friday, December 16|