About The Hunter Gatherer
The Hunter Gatherer publishes news about upcoming programs and activities sponsored by the Division of Student Affairs, and other matters that have special interest and relevance to a broad community of Hunter students, such as important administrative announcements and college-wide or CUNY-wide events.
Please note: We are not able to answer questions about our contributors' announcements. For information about a specific announcement, please contact the department or organization that posted the item.
HOW IT WORKS
- We publish your announcement on The Hunter Gatherer web site (these pages).
- At the same time, we distribute an e-newsletter via email to the entire Hunter community. The e-newsletter includes your headline (and, when space allows, a brief abstract) with a link to your announcement on this site.
- All current students, faculty and staff receive The Hunter Gatherer e-newsletter.
- We publish every two weeks during the academic year.
- We publish approximately every three weeks during the summer and winter breaks. We do not publish during spring recess or Thanksgiving week.
Editor: Li Gardiner, Office of Graphic Design | Office of Student Communications
Assistant Editor: Abigail Torres, Office of Graphic Design | Office of Student Communications
Executive Editor: Eunice Lewis-Broome, Director of Student Life
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Please use our easy online form.
- Follow the step-by-step guidelines in the form.
WHAT TO SUBMIT
Submissions without adequate information, and very lengthy submissions may be returned for editing or correction.
- Include a succinct but informative headline
- Describe what will happen at the event, or what students will get out of the opportunity
- Edit your description to one or two paragraphs
- Spell out the Date or Deadline, including the day of the week, for example: Monday, July 22
(For events with multiple dates, you can type a list of dates in the "text" area)
- Spell out the Time. For example: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Spell out the Place. For example: Room 417 West Building
- Include current Contact Information
- Have somebody else proofread your text
- Provide links to more information. Please include the complete URL (Web address), for example: http://www.hunter.cuny.edu
- We are not able to publish images.
Please be aware that publication dates and submission deadlines may need to be revised due to circumstances beyond our control. If you are planning your student communications calendar for the upcoming year, please check this page from time to time for the most current deadlines.
|Submission Deadline ||/||Publication
|Monday, January 11, at 5 pm||Friday, January 15|
|College is closed Monday, January 18, Dr. Martin Luther King's Birthday|
|Monday, January 25, at 5 pm||Friday, January 29|
|Monday, February 8, at 12 pm||Thursday, February 11|
|College is closed Friday, February 12, President Lincoln's Birthday
College is closed Monday, February 15, Presidents' Day
|Monday, February 22, at 5 pm||Friday, February 26|
|Monday, March 7, at 5 pm||Friday, March 11|
|Monday, March 21, at 5 pm||Friday, March 25|
|Monday, April 4, at 5 pm||Friday, April 8
|Monday, April 18, at 12 pm||Thursday, April 21
|Spring Recess: Friday, April 22 - Saturday, April 30|
|Monday, May 2, at 5 pm||Friday, May 6|
|Monday, May 16, at 5 pm||Friday, May 20|
|May 28, End of Spring Term|