About The Hunter Gatherer
The Hunter Gatherer publishes news about upcoming programs and activities sponsored by the Division of Student Affairs, and other matters that have special interest and relevance to a broad community of Hunter students, such as important administrative announcements.
Please note: For information about a specific announcement, please contact the department that posted the item. We are not able to answer questions about the listings.
HOW IT WORKS
- We publish your submission on The Hunter-Gatherer web site (these pages).
- In the e-newsletter, we publish your headline and an abstract with a link to your text on this site.
- All students, faculty and staff receive The Hunter Gatherer e-newsletter
- We publish every two weeks during the academic year
- We publish approximately every three weeks during the summer and winter breaks.
- We do not publish during spring recess or Thanksgiving week.
Editor: Li Gardiner, Office of Graphic Design | Office of Student Communications
Assistant Editor: Jhulisabel Feliz
Executive Editor: Eunice Lewis-Broome, Director of Student Life
WHAT TO SUBMIT
Submissions without adequate information will be returned for additions.
- Include a succinct but informative headline
- Edit your descriptive information to one or two paragraphs. Longer submissions may be returned for editing.
- Explain what will happen at the event, or what students will do, or get out of it
- Please spell out the Date or Deadline (for applications), Time and Place.
Please include the Day of the Week, for example: Monday, July 22
For events with multiple dates, please provide a list of dates.
- Current contact information is very important.
- Spellcheck your text and also have somebody else read it.
- If you include internet links, please include the full URL (Web address), for example: http://www.hunter.cuny.edu.
- We are not able to publish images.
HOW TO SUBMIT
To Use the Easy Online Form . . .
- Go to https://ww3.hunter.cuny.edu/studentservices/view.php?id=13
- Follow the step-by-step guidelines.
To Submit a Microsoft Word Document . . .
- Type your text in Microsoft Word, in 12 pt. Times New Roman font.
- Do not use styles. Do not use all caps.
(If your information is already formatted, you can easily clear the formatting.
Just paste your text into a new Word document and choosing Paste Special/ Unformatted Text.)
- Attach your MSWord document to an email.
- Send your email to: Gatherer@hunter.cuny.edu
Summer 2014 Publication Deadlines
|Submission Deadlines ||/||Publication Dates|
|Tuesday, September 2
|Friday, September 5
|Welcome Week: Tuesday, September 2- Friday, September 5
Convocation: Wednesday, Sept 10 (to be confirmed)
|Tuesday, September 16
|Friday, September 19
|Tuesday, September 30
|Friday, October 3|
|Tuesday, October 14
|Friday, October 17|
|Tuesday, October 28
|Friday, October 31|
|Tuesday, November 11
|Friday, November 14|
|Thanksgiving Recess: Thursday, November 27 – Sunday, November 30|
|Tuesday, December 2
|Friday, December 5|
|Tuesday, December 16
|Friday, December 19
Last Fall Issue
|Winter Break: December 24 – December 25
No Classes Scheduled: December 31
|January 6||January 9|
|January 20||January 23|
Please visit our website closer to the end of the semester for Spring 2015 publication dates.