About The Hunter Gatherer
The Hunter Gatherer publishes news about upcoming programs and activities sponsored by the Division of Student Affairs, and other matters that have special interest and relevance to a broad community of Hunter students, such as important administrative announcements and college-wide or CUNY-wide events.
Please note: We are not able to answer questions about our contributors' announcements. For information about a specific announcement, please contact the department that posted the item directly.
HOW IT WORKS
- We publish your announcement on The Hunter-Gatherer web site (these pages).
- At the same time, we distribute an e-newsletter via email to the entire Hunter community
- The e-newsletter includes your headline (and, when space allows, a brief abstract) with a link to your announcement on this site.
- All current students, faculty and staff receive The Hunter Gatherer e-newsletter, without exception.
- We publish every two weeks during the academic year.
- We publish approximately every three weeks during the summer and winter breaks.
- We do not publish during spring recess or Thanksgiving week.
Editor: Li Gardiner, Office of Graphic Design | Office of Student Communications
Assistant to the Editor: Miesha V. Smith
Executive Editor: Eunice Lewis-Broome, Director of Student Life
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Use our easy online form https://ww3.hunter.cuny.edu/studentservices/view.php?id=13
- Follow the step-by-step guidelines.
WHAT TO SUBMIT
Submissions without adequate information and lengthy submissions may be returned for editing or correction.
- Include a succinct but informative headline
- Edit your descriptive information to one or two paragraphs
- Explain what will happen at the event, or what students will get out of the opportunity
- Spell out the Date or Deadline, including the day of the week, for example: Monday, July 22
(For events with multiple dates, you can type a list of dates in the "text" area)
- Spell out the Time. For example: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Spell out the Place. For example: Room 417 West Building
- Current Contact Information
- Spellcheck your text, and also have somebody else read it
- Provide internet links to more information. Please include the complete URL (Web address), for example: http://www.hunter.cuny.edu
- We are not able to publish images.
We cannot accept PDF or JPG files, or any other image format.
We cannot accept Microsoft Word attachments, except by prior arrangement.
They contain formatting that can't be posted in the CMS. If you need to submit a Microsoft Word Document because it contains an event calendar table or embedded links, please use the following guidelines:
- Type your text in in 12 pt. Times New Roman or Calibri font.
- Do not use any styles. Do not use all caps anywhere.
(If your information is already formatted, you can easily clear the formatting. Just paste your text into a new Word document and choosing Paste Special/ Unformatted Text.)
- Attach your MSWord document to an email.
- Send your email to: Gatherer@hunter.cuny.edu
Please be aware that publication dates and submission deadlines may need to be revised due to circumstances beyond our control. If you are planning your student communications calendar for the upcoming year, please check this page from time to time for the most current deadlines.
|Submission Deadline ||/||Publication
|Monday, June 1, at 12 pm||Friday, June 5
|Monday, June 22, at 12 pm||Thursday, June 25
|College is closed Friday, July 3 for Independence Day, Saturday, July 4|
|Monday, July 20, at 12 pm||Thursday, July 23
|Monday, August 10, at 12 pm||Thursday, August 13
|Monday, August 24, at 5 pm||Friday, August 28
|College is closed on Monday, September 7, Labor Day|
|Tuesday, September 8, at 5 pm||Friday, September 11
|Monday, September 21, at 5 pm||Friday, September 25|
|Monday, October 5, at 5 pm||Friday, October 9|
|College is closed Monday, October 12, Columbus Day|
|Monday, October 19, at 5 pm||Friday, October 23|
|Monday, November 2, at 5 pm||Friday, November 6|
|Wednesday, November 11 is Veterans' Day|
|Monday, November 16, at 5 pm||Friday, November 20|
|College is closed November 26-29 for Thanksgiving Recess|
|Monday, November 30, at 5 pm||Friday, December 4|
|Monday, December 14, at 5 pm||Friday, December 18|
|College is closed Thursday & Friday, December 24 & 25, Christmas
College is closed Thursday, December 31 - Friday, January 1, New Year
|Monday, January 11, at 5 pm||Friday, January 15|
|College is closed Monday, January 18, Dr. Martin Luther King's Birthday|
|Monday, January 25, at 5 pm||Friday, January 29|
|Monday, February 8, at 12 pm||Thursday, February 11|
|College is closed Friday, February 12, President Lincoln's Birthday
College is closed Monday, February 15, Presidents' Day
|Monday, February 22, at 5 pm||Friday, February 26|
|Monday, March 7, at 5 pm||Friday, March 11|
|Monday, March 21, at 5 pm||Friday, March 25|
|Monday, April 4, at 5 pm||Friday, April 8
|Monday, April 18, at 12 pm||Thursday, April 21
|Spring Recess: Friday, April 22 - Saturday, April 30|
|Monday, May 2, at 5 pm||Friday, May 6|
|Monday, May 16, at 5 pm||Friday, May 20|
|May 28, End of Spring Term|