Teacher Residency Programs Are Accepting Applications
Are you interested in teaching?
Hunter's residency programs are recruiting for the next cohort to start in June 2015. These two-year teacher-training programs culminate in a master's degree in adolescent education from Hunter College, and eligibility for New York State teacher certification.
The residency programs are looking for talented, driven students with a bachelor's degree, a deep appreciation of their subject, and the desire to teach in an urban setting. The 2015 cohort will include residents who want to teach math, science, English, special education, and teachers of English to speakers of other languages.
- One-on-one training with an expert mentor teacher in a host school
- Graduate courses aligned with experiences in urban schools
- Subsidized tuition with no tuition payments during the first year
- Stipend during the first year and full teacher salary starting in the second year
- Hiring support and ongoing professional development upon completion of the program
Priority Deadline: Monday, December 1
Deadline: Thursday, January 1, 2015
For more information, please contact UTR and MASTER Office at 212.396.6231, email email@example.com, or visit http://www.newvisions.org/pages/teacher-certification.
Spring 2015 LSAMP Scholars
The overall goal of LSAMP is to encourage significantly greater numbers of minority students in the STEM careers.
We provide research support for:
- Writing workshops
- Poster and oral presentation prep
- Opportunities to present research locally, nationally, and internationally
- Various other events/opportunities that enhance your overall research experience
- LSAMP scholars are provided with financial stipends
- Full-time CUNY students
- US citizen or permanent resident
- Black/African-American, Hispanic, American Indian, Alaskan Native or Native Pacific Islander
- 3.0/B average, or better, GPA
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM) Majors (NOT Pre-Med Track)
- Students who are interested in STEM careers
Deadline: Monday, December 15
To apply now, please contact Angela Padilla, Activity Coordinator at 212.650.3707, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or Dr. Marilyn Rothschild, Professor of Physics at 212.650.3986, email email@example.com.