CUNY/311 Project – Call for Summer Applications
The CUNY/311 Project, a collaboration between the NYC Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications (DoITT) and the City University of New York, provides qualified CUNY students with the opportunity to work as part-time Student Call Representatives within New York City's Customer Service Center.
Flexible Work Schedules Available
Rate of Pay:
- Undergraduate students at $10.98 per hour.
- Graduate students at $12.98 per hour.
- (Students will be eligible for a $1/hour raise after the completion of 6 months of employment based on performance indicators.)
How to Apply:
- Collect the CUNY/311 Project application in the Career Development Services office, Room 805, East Building.
- Schedule an appointment with a career counselor in the Career Development Services office to review your application and résumé and for a mock interview.
- Completed applications must be submitted by May 24.
Eligibility and Qualifications:
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently a student in good standing at a City University of New York college.
- Undergraduate students, at time of application, must have upper Freshman status or above, hold a GPA of 2.5 or higher, and maintain enrollment in at least 6 credits while working as a Call Takers.
- Graduate students, at time of application, must have completed minimum of 6 credits, hold a GPA of 3.0 or higher, and maintain enrollment in at least 3 credits while working as a Call Taker.
- Be available 18 hours per week for three 6-hour shifts.
- Have strong computer skills and be proficient with the Internet.
- Have excellent telephone etiquette and communication skills.
- Be proficient in English; bilingual Spanish a plus.
- Have strong reading and writing skills.
- Attend a new employee training and attend on the job trainings as needed.
- Only students with strong attendance and punctuality skills should apply.
Appointments may not be available if you wait until the deadline. Apply now!
Applications are available in Career Development Services, 805 East Building.
Application Deadline: May 24
Lunchtime Summer Workshops
Make the most out of your summer with the following Career Development Services workshops! Bring your lunch and learn.
Dates: Wednesday, June 5, 12, 19, 26
Time: 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Place: 805 East Building, Career Development Services
Write a Winning Résumé & Cover Letter
LinkedIn Goes to College: Maximizing your Social Media Profile. With Linkedin Company Representatives!
Ace the Interview
Think Fall Internships!
For event details and to RSVP, please log into your ORION account at https://hunter-cuny-csm.symplicity.com/students