Student Club Registration
The Office of Student Activities (OSA) welcomes new and returning student clubs! All student clubs must register with OSA in order to charter, receive funds, etc.
Registration Dates: Now - October 3
For more information, please contact Teneia Wooten, Asst. Dir. of Student Activities and Leadership Development at 212.772.4908, or email email@example.com. To apply, please email, or visit our Website http://bit.ly/CLUBREG.
We can be found on Facebook at http://bit.ly/HCOSALD.
LSAMP Program Now Accepting Applications
Are you interested in research? The Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP) is an alliance of 17 CUNY Colleges and the CUNY Graduate Center. Students participate in faculty research and receive mentoring from senior faculty. Applications are being accepted now for Spring 2015.
- Complete the online application at http://projectstem.net/
- Provide the following:
• Two references
• Curriculum Vitae
• Proof of citizenship
• Social Security Card
Deadline: Friday, August 15
For additional information or application inquiries, please contact Angela Padilla at 212.650.3707, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Envoy is Looking for Talent!
The Envoy, the independent student voice of Hunter College, is looking for interns. Writers, editors, graphic designers, and visual artists are welcome to apply. Come join us during our Open House!
Event: Open House
Date: Wednesday, August 27
Time: 1:00 pm
Place: Room 211, Thomas Hunter
For more information, please contact the editor at email@example.com.
Spring 2015 Internships with the U.S. Department Of Energy
Applications for Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships (SULI) are now available for the Spring 2015 semester. Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) is the largest science and energy laboratory in the Department of Energy system. Areas of research include materials, neutron sciences, energy, high-performance computing, systems biology and national security.
- Currently enrolled full-time at an accredited U.S. institution and have completed at least one year as an undergraduate (at the time of application)
- At least 18 years of age
- A U.S. Citizen or legal Permanent Resident
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
1. Completion of all required fields in the applications, including:
- Contact and education information
- Citizenship status
- Laboratory choice and research interests
2. Undergraduate transcripts (submitted online)
3. Two letters of recommendation (submitted online)
- Sixteen weeks engaged in a research project under the direction of a laboratory scientist/enginee, from January 5 to April 24, 2015
- Career development workshops and lab tours
- $500 per week stipend and limited travel reimbursement/housing allowance (for those who qualify)
Apply now at http://science.energy.gov/wdts/suli/
Deadline: Tuesday, October 7
Time: 5:00 pm
For questions or additional information visit http://orau.org/ornl, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or SciMON@hunter.cuny.edu. Visit our website http://science.energy.gov/wdts/suli/. Watch tour video at: ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSCdUJ8cavw to discover some exciting reasons why ORNL offers a great internship experience!