Document Actions

For information about Hunter College scholarships, please contact the Financial Aid Office, visit their scholarships page, or visit the Division of Student affairs scholarships page.

Petrie Emergency Funding for Students

Through the Petrie Foundation and the Division of Student Affairs, our office is able to provide financial assistance to students with short-term financial emergencies to enable them to remain in school.

Emergencies include, but are not limited to, loss of employment, death in the family, homelessness, fire in the home, evictions, medical issues, or inability to keep up with daily living expenses.


  • Student must by enrolled in classes for the semester they are requesting funding
  • Student must have a current FAFSA on file
  • Student must be in good academic standing (above a 2.0 GPA)
  • Student must not have an outstanding debt with the college
  • Grant is for personal use and therefore cannot be used to pay tuition

For more information or to apply please email Chris Aviles at, or visit room 1132 East.


Maximizing Access to Research Careers (MARC) Program is Accepting Applications!

The MARC program supports and prepares underrepresented juniors and seniors for entry into biomedical and behavioral PhD programs.

MARC Student Benefits & Opportunities:

  • Prepares you for entry into PhD programs
  • Hands-on scientific research and faculty mentoring
  • Network with scientists and graduate recruiters
  • Attend conferences and present your research
  • Professional development
  • Monthly stipend of $1,028 and tuition assistance

Deadline: Monday, April 10

For more information, please visit our website or visit us in Room 313N.


Fulbright Information Session

Will you be graduating by 2018 or already in graduate school? Thinking of going abroad to study, teach English or do research? A U.S. Student Fulbright Grant may offer you the opportunity to study, work and live in the country of your choice for one year. Hunter students have gone on to study anthropology in Thailand, religion in Germany, painting in the Philippines; work in a non-governmental organization in Malawi; and teach English in Taiwan, Germany, and Argentina, among many other countries. To learn more about the program come to one of the information sessions.

Date: Wednesday, April 19
Time: 1:00 - 2:00 pm
Date: Tuesday, April 25
Time: 12:00 - 1:00 pm

Place: The Sylvia E. Fishman Student Center, Room 417, West Building

For more information about the Fullbright program, please visit our website.

If you have questions about applying for the grant after attending the information sessions, please email Myrna Fader, Hunter College Fulbright Program Advisor at


Philip & Aida Siff Educational Foundation Scholarship

The Foundation plans to award ten undergraduate Hunter College students $3000 for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Applications are now available. Applicants will be considered based on academic merit and financial need.

Applicants must:

  • Be a full-time, undergraduate student who are US citizens
  • Have completed at least 24 credits at Hunter
  • Have a minimum of 3.50 GPA
  • Demonstrate significant financial need according to the Office of Financial Aid.

Download the application: Siff Application

Deadline: Thursday, April 27


Charlotte W. Newcombe Foundation Scholarship

This scholarship is open to all Hunter students, 25 years of age and older, who have completed at least 60 credits, with a minimum of 24 credits completed at Hunter College. You must have at least a 3.0 GPA, demonstrate financial need, and have filed your FAFSA.

Deadline: Thursday, May 11

For more information please download the application [pdf].


Schwarzman Scholars

Applications Open in April for 2018/2019

Schwarzman Scholars is a highly-selective, fully-funded international scholarship program designed to prepare future leaders for success in a world where China plays a key global role. Anchored in an 11-month professional Master's Degree in Global Affairs at Beijing's prestigious Tsinghua University, the Schwarzman Scholars experience includes unparalleled opportunities in and outside of the classroom, including extensive leadership training, a network of senior mentors, practical training/internships, and travel seminars around China. The program takes place at the state‐of‐the‐art Schwarzman College, where Scholars will engage in a dynamic core curriculum concentrating in public policy, international studies, or business and economics. The program is open to students and young professionals up to 28 years old of any citizenship who are proficient in English and have obtained an undergraduate degree.

The online application will open in April 2017 and close in September 2017.

For more information about the upcoming application process, visit


If your program, event or opportunity for Hunter students is sponsored by the Division of Student Affairs, please submit your announcement here.