The Hunter Gatherer is a bi-weekly listing of activities, events and items of interest to the Hunter community published by the Division of Student Affairs at Hunter College. The postings below are new or have upcoming deadlines. To see all event listings, please click on the links at the left.
August 28 — September 11, 2015
EVENTS & MORE
- Welcome Week! — Smiles, Snacks and Giveaways! — Through September 2
- Game Day! — Foosball, Ping-pong, Wii and More! — September 2
- New Student Convocation — President Raab Welcomes New Students. Wear purple! — September 9
- Street Fair Carnival — Clubs, Cotton Candy, Karaoke, Tattoos and More! — September 9
- The Hunter College Bookstore Welcomes You!
- Student Communications Survey — Tell Us What Gets Your Attention!
ACADEMIC EVENTS & DEADLINES (Including Events & Programs at Roosevelt House)
- Human Rights & The Iran Nuclear Agreement — Lunch at Roosevelt House — September 9
- Public Policy Program — Fall Reception at Roosevelt House — September 16
- Human Rights Program: Annual Open House! — September 30
- Study Abroad the Winter — Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Ghana, Italy, Jordan, Puerto Rico, Uganda — Deadline: October 15
SCHOLARSHIPS & GRANTS
- Scholarships for Undocumented LGBTQI — Deadline: August 20
- Fulbright Grants: Study, Research, Teach Abroad — Deadline: September 10
- McNair Scholars Program for Students Planning on Grad School — Deadline: September 15
CDS: INTERNSHIPS, JOBS & EVENTS
- Friday Freshman Fun Day! — Games, Prizes, Pizza! — September 25
- Accounting Career Fair — Meet Employers. Find Jobs and Internships — September 18
OFFICE OF THE ARTS
- Join the Arts Community at Hunter — Get Free Tickets and Arts Internships!
- Make Music at Hunter this Fall — All Students Welcome!
- Internship at Recess Art Available — Starts September 22
- The Envoy is Seeking Writers and Designers — Deadline: September 30
- Fall Art Gallery Assistant Intern — Apply Now
- Paid TA/Work-Study Positions in Hunter’s Art & Art History Programs — Apply Now
- Are You Starting or Reactivating a Club? Register Now! — Deadlines: September 4, October 2
- Student Activities Listserv — Join the Conversation!
GRADUATE STUDY & PRE-PROFESSIONAL ADVISING
- Is Law School Right for Me? — Meet Associate Director of Admissions, Seton Hall Law School — September 2
- Law School Application & Personal Statement Workshops — Next Date: September 8
- Civil Jury Conference at NYU School of Law — Are Civil Jury Trials Near Extinction? — September 11
- The Dos and Don'ts of the Law School Application Process — September 16
- Practice LSAT with Individual Consultations — With the Princeton Review — September 16
- Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions — Learn from Attorneys — September 30
- Mock Supreme Court Argument — Hosted by the Office of the Appellate Defender — October 5
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS OFFICE
- Affordable Tuition Payment Plan — Deadlines: August 31, September 2
- New International Students Orientation — September 16
- Employment Options Workshop — We Will Focus on the H1B Work Visa — October 29
COUNSELING & WELLNESS SERVICES
- Office of Health Services Will Open on Two Fridays — September 2 & 9
- Mastering Anxiety Workshops — Reduce Stress, and Improve Performance and Social Interactions — Starting September 30
CHILDREN'S LEARNING CENTER
- Seeking Childcare While You're in Class? — Fall 2015 Child Care Still Available!