The Hunter Gatherer is a bi-weekly listing of activities, events and items of interest to the Hunter community published by the Division of Student Affairs at Hunter College. The postings below are new or have upcoming deadlines. To see all event listings, please click on the links at the left.
May 1 – 15 , 2015
EVENTS & MORE
- Student Communications Survey — What Gets Your Attention? — Online Now
- Mentoring Program: Recruiting for 2015-2016 Academic Year — Apply Now!
- Free Tickets to Hunter Symphony — May 13
- Hunter College Spring 2015 Commencement — Get Your Tickets! — May 27
ACADEMIC EVENTS & DEADLINES
- Study in Costa Rica this Summer or Fall! — Deadlines: May 11 & May 27
- Summer 2015 LSAMP Research Program — Apply Now!
SCHOLARSHIPS & GRANTS
- Charlotte W. Newcombe Scholarship for Mature Women Students — Deadline: May 6
- Scholarships for Costa Rica programs! — Awards of $250–$500 — Deadlines: May 11 & 27
- US Student Fulbright Information Session - Deadline: May 13
- Scholarships for Puerto Rican Women - Deadline: May 30
- Fulbright Grants Available: Study & Work Abroad - Deadline: September 10
- Summer 2015 Paid Research Opportunities — Hundreds of Programs — Online Now
CAREER DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
- Summer Paid Internships with The Asia Society — Apply Now!
- Career Resource for Students: Focus 2 — Majors and Careers that Match You — Online now!
- Get Career Intelligence at Vault.com — Online Now
INTERNSHIPS & OPPORTUNITIES
- $1500 - $3000 Summer Award for Arts Internships - Award Application Starts May 4
- JFEW Eleanor Roosevelt Scholars Now Recruiting - Deadline: May 15
- Social Media Survey - Help Us Improve Student Activities! — Deadline Extended: May 15
GRADUATE STUDY & PRE-PROFESSIONAL ADVISING
- Lunch with a Lawyer Series: Jeffrey Friedlander, New York City Law — May 7
- Law School Application & Personal Statement Workshops - May 8 & 20
- Law Day Party - May 13
COUNSELING & WELLNESS SERVICES
- Come Learn Mindfulness Stress - Reduction Techniques! - May 13
- Affordable Care Act Enrollers On Campus! — UnitedHealth, NADAP, CAC — See Dates
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS OFFICE
- One to World Twilight Cruise — May 1
- One to World Walk: Little Italy Food Tour- Register By: May 10
- Urban Canoe Tour of the Bronx — May 10
- One To World: Council on Foreign Relations with Dr. Shannon K. O'Neil - May 15
- Do You Have Travel Plans this Semester? Contact Us Now
- OPT Information For F-1 Students — June 22