NEWLY ADMITTED STUDENTS
|Please see our new
Students Guide video!
Undergraduate and Graduate Students
International students who have been admitted to Hunter College must request the Certificate of Eligibility (SEVIS Form I-20) before applying for the F-1 (Student Visa). Please follow the steps below.
- Apply for a passport from the appropriate office or government agency in your country.
NOTE: In some countries students may be required to show proof of acceptance in a U.S. college or university and an original SEVIS Form I-20 before a passport can be issued.
- Visit the U.S. Department of State website at www.state.govto learn about the visa issuance process in your country and how to schedule an appointment for a visa interview.
- Undergraduate students must complete the application for the Application for Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20). Graduate students must complete a different Application for Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20) and return it with all the necessary financial documents to the International Students Office after you have received written confirmation of your acceptance to Hunter College.
- Pay the required SEVIS I-901 fee before going to your F-1 visa application interview. You can pay the fee on the internet at www.FMJfee.com, by Western Union Quick Collect or by U.S. mail. For more information on the fee and procedures, please read SEVIS Basics.
- Report to the International Student documents within 2 weeks of your arrival in the United States.