Document Actions


212.772.4864 ▪ fax 212.650.3147 ▪
695 Park Avenue, Room 1109 East, New York, New York 10065


Travel plans?

Are you planning to travel outside the United States during the summer months? If so, please come to our office at least two weeks before your planned departure date and ask an International Student Advisor to sign your I-20 or DS-2019. Remember that re-entry to the United States requires a recent (within 12 months or 6 months while students are engaging in Post Completion Optional Practical  Training for F-1 Student Status holders or Academic Training  for J-1 Exchange Visitors) signature from a Designated School Official for F-1 status holders or an Alternate Responsible Officer for J-1 Exchange Visitor holders.

In addition, if you have recently applied for post-completion OPT you should ask an International Student Advisor regarding whether you can travel or if you should wait for your EAD card to arrive.

Appointments can be made by calling 212-772-4864 or via email at

If you require a signature during walk-in hours, please check-in at room 1119 East Building and wait to be called. For summer travels, try to get your I-20 or DS 2019 forms signed before August 12, 2014.


Attention Summer 2014 Graduates!

Post-completion Optional Practical Training

As an F-1 student, you are entitled to up to 12 months of employment in your field. This post-completion employment authorization is called "Optional Practical Training" or OPT. You get 12 months of practical training for each higher degree you obtain. That includes separate 12-month periods for Associate, Bachelors, Masters and other graduate programs beyond the Master's level.

If the one of the summer 2014 sessions is your last session and you plan to apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT), you should apply no later than one month from the completion date or final examination date.If you file for OPT later than a month before the last final exam, it may reduce the amount of time that you are allowed to work in the United States. To apply for OPT, students must first file a Degree Audit Application Form (DAAF) with the One Stop Office located in room 217 Hunter North. For further questions or to make an appointment to start processing your application, please e-mail Iris Aroyewun-Birchwood at or Xavier Remigio at

To·download the OPT application form, click here.

Fall 2014 On- Campus Employment forms for F-1  Student Status and J-1 Exchange Visitors are being processed

If you are planning to continue or start employment on campus for the fall 2014 semester which resumes on August 28th , stop by the International Students Office at your earliest convenience to obtain authorization for employment.Please bring a copy of your employer's job offer letter with you.




contact us

212.772.4864 | f: 212.650.3147
Rooms 1108/1109 East Building, 695 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10065