SALLIE MAE TUITIONPAY
Sallie Mae TuitionPay
An Easier Way to Pay Tuition
As an international student your tuition fee may be as high as $6,000 for undergraduate students and up to even $10,000 per semester for graduate students in the Fall or Spring.
Visit http://orapp2.hunter.cuny.edu:7777/tuition_calculator/ to calculate the exact fee. For most of you it will be difficult to obtain that much money at once when your main bank account is in a foreign country and does not allow you to withdraw that much. It would be much more convenient if you could spread out the payments in equal chunks and pay over a period of 5 months during the semester. TuitionPay from Sallie Mae offers such an option.
TuitionPay is the interest-free, debt-free way to spread tuition payments over a number of months, instead of paying it all at once. The TuitionPay Plan is not a loan, so there will be no interest payments. The amount you pay to TuitionPay will only be the same amount you would pay the school for your tuition. There will only be a low semester enroll fee of $18. The payments are due the first day of the month. If you forgot to pay or were unable to pay the first day, the only extra charges will be $5.
The TuitionPay Plan, administered by Sallie Mae, allows you to break down your education expenses into easy-to-manage installments, rather than one lump-sum payment. It’s simple and convenient.
Even if you’re not sure yet what your tuition expenses will be for the semester, you can still enroll in the TuitionPay Plan. Visit https://tuitionpay.salliemae.com/ for more information, and to enroll. It is better to enroll as early as possible, because the first payments start 1 to 2 months before the semester starts and this way you will be able to spread out your tuition fee over 5 months, if you start later it will be spread out over 4 or 3.
How to Get Started
- Visit https://tuitionpay.salliemae.com/ to enroll online. You can choose your school from the list of schools.
- You can enroll from anywhere you have Internet access.
- Once you are enrolled, you can set up an account which will allow you to view and
manage your account online.
- Enroll as early as possible, so payments are spread out over 5 months. For Spring 2011
this would be before December 1.
- TuitionPay is not a loan. There will be no debt and all payments are interest free.
- Check https://tuitionpay.salliemae.com/TuitionPay/budgetcalculator.aspx to calculate your budget.