PROGRAMS: Student Leadership Colloquium
The Student Leadership Colloquium is designed to introduce students to new and different concepts and theories of leadership, and to offer them opportunities to enhance their leadership skills. It is designed as an information tool whereby students are exposed to, and have an opportunity to dialogue with, professionals representing a variety of educational and career fields.
- To provide students with an environment in which they can develop their leadership skills.
- To enable students to strengthen the foundations of their organizations.
- To create opportunities for students to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others.
- To encourage students to become involved in leadership activities.
Those students who attend all of the workshops offered in a semester will receive a certificate of attendance from the Dean of Students Office.
What is a colloquium?
colloquium / n. (pl. colloquiums or colloquia) an academic conference or seminar. [Latin: see Colloquy] colloquy / n. (pl. –quies) 1. the act of conversing. 2. a conversation. [Latin: colloquium (as Com-, loqui speak)]
Student Leadership Colloquium Events Calendar
See our Calendar of Events for more information about upcoming SLC programs.
Student Leadership Colloquium Registration
There are two ways to register for SLC: (Please note: Registration forms and RSVP will be available beginning the first week of September.)
- Registration Form: you can pick up a form during our Tabling Events, pick up a form in the Office of Student Activities (C001 North), or download and print the registration form.
- RSVP to Student Activities
Please return completed Registration Forms to the Office of Student Activities. Questions? Contact the Office of Student Activities at: (212) 772-4908.