Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

You are here: Home » Student Services » Scholarships and Grants » FUNDING GRADUATE SCHOOL
Document Actions


Students applying for fellowships for graduate study should keep in mind that the best source of assistance may be the graduate school you hope to attend. Typically there is more funding available for Ph.D. programs than for a master's degree. Check with the Office of Graduate Admissions as well as the graduate department you are applying to. The guide contains important private and government-sponsored awards for graduate study. They include the following nationally competitive, prestigious awards:

  • Ford Foundation Diversity Fellowships
  • Hunter College Scholarship and Welfare Fund of the Alumni Association Senior Scholarships for Graduate Study
  • James Madison Fellowships
  • Fulbright Grants (for study abroad)
  • Marshall Scholarships (for study in the UK)
  • National Science Foundation Fellowships
  • Rhodes Scholarships (for study at Oxford, UK)
  • Paul and Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans
  • Gates Cambridge Scholarship (for study at Cambridge, UK)

Outstanding students should investigate these awards along with others for which they may be eligible. Most important, however, is that you meet with either Myrna Fader, Scholarship Advisor, or with Dr. Judith Friedlander, School of Arts & Sciences, to discuss your interests, plans and strategies. They are here along with your faculty to guide you in these endeavors.




contact us

t: 212.772.4882
Room 1119, East Building, 695 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10065