Writers' Conference and Intensives
Hunter College's 4th Annual Writers' Conference was held Saturday June 7, 2014 and featured distinguished keynote speakers, writers, editors, publishers and literary agents on 12 exciting panels. Intensive writing workshops preceded the conference. Stay tuned for the 2015 conference! Dates TBA.
The Writers’ Conference at Hunter College is widely considered one of the finest fiction and non-fiction conferences. The 2014 Hunter College Writers’ Conference and Intensives were held from June 4 to June 7 at Hunter College in New York City. The program included intensive workshops in Memoir, taught by Malachy McCourt, and Fiction, taught by Kitty Pilgrim. Conference panelists included Barbara Goldsmith, Mario Buatta, Debbie Applegate, Chris Grabenstein, Kitty Pilgrim, Malachy McCourt, Daphne Merkin, Richard Peck, and Dan Greenburg. James McBride, winner of the New York Times National Book Award, and Nicholson Baker as the keynote speakers. The cost of the conference and intensive was $570 before May 25 and $630 thereafter. Reduced rates available for conference-only and intensive-only registration. Be on the lookout for what the 2015 conference has to offer. Below is a sample of what to expect at our conferences!
There are three Writing Intensive options offered for this program. Please specify one of the following when registering via phone or in person:
- Fiction Intensive with Kitty Pilgrim
- Literary Agent Intensive with Rita Rosenkranz
- Memoir Intensive with Malachy McCourt
2014 Writers' Conference and Intensives Fee Schedule
|Program||Course Code||Date||Time||Early (before 5/25)||Late Registration|
|Conference & 1 Intensive||TWCALL||6/4-6/7||See above||$570||$630|
Click on the course codes above to register using the online registration system. You may also register in person by visiting the Continuing Education Programs registration office in Hunter College's East Building on the 10th floor (Room E1022), via phone by calling 212-650-3850, or by completing the online registration form.
To register using the online registration system:
Click on the course code to visit the online registration page and select 'The Writing Center' from the Course Category/Program list on the left side of the screen. You will now see a listing of summer options for The Writing Center.
- Click 'show detail and register' beside your selection.
- Select 'register' (highlighted in orange).
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to 'view selected courses'.
- Click 'Continue to Register'.
- You will be prompted to create an account and submit your payment.
To register via Fax/Mail:
- Print, complete, and fax/mail the registration form
- Fax the form to 212-772-4302 OR
- Mail the form to: Hunter College, 695 Park Avenue, East Building Room 1022, New York, NY 10065
Did you know Hunter students, employees and alumni are eligible for conference discounts? Cuny employees and seniors (62+) are also eligible.
* For the discount, visit the office for in-person registration or print out the registration form and fax, mail, or email it with proof of eligibility.
Click on the image below to download the 2014 Conference Brochure