Teaching hybrid courses: Lessons learned
|Jack Caravanos and Lynn Roberts
|Chris Braun and Peter Serrano
February 16, 2012
In this panel discussion, faculty who participated in CUNY's Hybrid Initiative discussed the questions below in relation to the hybrid courses they taught in fall 2011.
- What did you teach and why did you do it?
- What were the key features of your course?
- What worked well and what didn’t?
- What were your students’ reactions to this format?
- What did you do to set up this course?
- What advice would you give another faculty member considering a hybrid course?
SWORD - a peer review system for grading writing.
Blended Learning Toolkit - by the University of Central Florida
Hybrid Courses – resource site by the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Teaching with Technology - blog by Jim Lengel
Blended Learning in Higher Education: Framework, Principles, and Guidelines by D. R. Garrison and Norman D. Vaughan (2008)
How to Design and Teach a Hybrid Course: Achieving Student-Centered Learning through Blended Classroom, Online and Experiential Activities by Jay Caulfield (2011)