President Jennifer Raab, the Office of the Provost, the Undergraduate Research Initiative and Hunter’s Science Mathematics Opportunities Network (SciMON) are pleased to announce Hunter’s second annual Undergraduate Research Conference, scheduled for March 5-6, 2014. Building on last year’s inaugural event, this year’s conference will provide a forum for Hunter undergraduates from all disciplines and departments to present their research or scholarship via poster sessions and oral presentations. The conference will also include sessions about pursuing research opportunities at Hunter and beyond and an awards ceremony that will honor the best student posters and presentations as well as faculty excellence in mentoring undergraduates in research and scholarship.
- Registration for the 2014 UGRC is free. Register in advance to have a nametag, conference program and proceedings waiting for you at the registration table on March 5 or 6.
- All students who register in advance will receive a raffle ticket to win a $25 gift card!
- Students can also be entered into a raffle for a chance to win a $25 gift card for every individual session they attend at the conference. The more sessions you attend, the more chances you have to win 1 of 20 gift cards.
- The schedule of events including descriptions of panels, lunches, and fairs are now posted.
- Find out more about the keynote speaker, Gregory A. Petsko, D. Phil.