Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

You are here: Home Education Abroad

Welcome to the Office of Education Abroad at Hunter College!

IMPORTANT: As of March 16, we can continue to accept applications for select summer faculty-led programs only. Please visit our Summer Programs page to learn more. Our general deadline for Summer and Fall 2023 study abroad has now passed, and we will only consider applications for select programs or on a limited, case-by-case basis. Please contact us for more information!

Interested in studying abroad, but not sure where to start? Click here to see our timeline for studying abroad and kick off your journey!

The Hunter Office of Education Abroad supports, designs, and administers international education opportunities for students. We provide access to quality study abroad programs that engage students with the local environment through coursework, internships, and experiential learning opportunities. Our office: 

  • Offers study abroad programs that grant academic credit towards graduation for students from any major.
  • Administers a portfolio of Hunter semester-length, winter, and summer study abroad programs directly, some involving Hunter faculty.
  • Partners with international universities and providers for over 300 external programs that are approved for transfer credit.

The study abroad application and preparation process takes time! We recommend that you begin exploring program options at least a full semester before you plan to study abroad. Visit our other pages to find programs, scholarship and financial aid information, applications and procedures, course credit transfers, and all other information relevant to prepare you for your abroad experience.

Study Abroad 101 Sessions are BACK! Our next round of sessions will take place in January 2023. Dates and registration links are now available! Visit our Events and Study Abroad 101 page for more information and to register. 

Planning to Study Abroad

All students applying to study abroad, whether through a Hunter, CUNY, affiliated (SUNY, USAC, CIEE, CIS, ICDS, IES, etc.) or non-affiliated program, must first apply to the Office of Education Abroad for approval, and then may proceed with their selected program application.

Because you earn transfer credit and can apply those credits towards the fulfillment of your Hunter degree requirements (including major, minor, and most general education requirements), the Hunter Office of Education Abroad office must approve your study abroad program BEFORE you apply to the program.

Courses taken abroad also need academic department approvals in order for students to receive credit towards their Hunter degree. Details on the process can be found on our APPLY pages, based on the type of program you are applying for.

Document Actions
Education Abroad website feedback:
Office of Education Abroad, Room E1447
(212) 772-4983 | email us
695 Park Ave
NY, NY 10065