Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

You are here: Home SEEK Transfer Students SEEK Transfer FAQs
SEEK Transfer

SEEK Transfer FAQs

Here are several "Frequently Asked Questions" (FAQs) about the Percy E. Sutton Search for Education, Elevation, and Knowledge (SEEK) Transfer Program.


What is the SEEK Transfer Program at Hunter College?
The SEEK Transfer Program provides participants with academic and counseling services that help transfer students transition into Hunter College. The program consists of an Orientation, a SEEK Transfer Course and a SEEK Transfer Club.


Do I have to attend the SEEK Transfer Orientation if I have already attended an academic advising session at Hunter College?
Yes. In order to participate in the SEEK Program, incoming transfer students must attend the SEEK Transfer Orientation where you will become acquainted with the SEEK faculty, staff and program’s available services.


What is the SEEK Transfer Club?
The SEEK Transfer Club provides participants with access to workshops, opportunities to connect with fellow transfer students and occasions to engage in leadership and groups activities.  All incoming SEEK transfer students will become members of the SEEK Transfer Club. Participants must attend at least two club meetings.


Where is the SEEK office located?
The SEEK Office is located in Room 1013 Hunter East Building.


What resources does the SEEK Program offer?

The SEEK Program provides its participants with individualized counseling, tutoring services and access to a computer lab. 

Tutoring is available in the SEEK Learning Center, located in Room 929 Hunter East. Tutoring subjects offered include Chemistry, Mathematics, English, History and Psychology. Participants may submit a Tutor Request Form for subjects not currently offered. 

The SEEK Computer Lab is located in Room 923 Hunter East. Each semester, SEEK participants are allocated 100 pages of free printing. 


When may I meet with my SEEK Counselor?
You must make an appointment via Navigate.


What part of the Hunter Core requirements do I have to complete?
Completion of the Hunter Core requirements depends on the number of transfer credits you have earned. You may review your progress towards the completion of the Hunter Core with a SEEK Counselor.


How do I get my credits evaluated?
The Office of Admissions, located in Room 203 Hunter North, will evaluate all incoming transcripts. After you have been admitted and committed to Hunter through your MyChoice page, then your academic records will be evaluated for transfer course equivalencies. Records are reviewed on a course-by-course basis.


When do I have to declare a major?
Hunter College students are required to declare a major no later than the semester in which the combination of credits earned and credits attempted for the current semester total 61 credits or more. Failure to declare a major could lead to being declared ineligible for TAP.



Document Actions

Contact SEEK

Call us at (212) 772-5725

Monday - Friday
9:00am - 5:00pm

SEEK website feedback:
Hunter East 1013
(212) 772-5725 | email us
695 Park Ave
NY, NY 10065