Links For Our New Faculty
This page will provide information for faculty new to the Hunter Community. New faculty are encouraged to view the Community Bulletin Boards for recommendations from other faculty for housing, dining options, and healthcare. If you have additional suggestions for types of information that would be useful to new faculty, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to post it here.
- This link to the Hunter College Human Resources site provides new employees with a variety of personnel information.
Hunter College Human Resources -- http://hr.hunter.cuny.edu/
Among the options for benefits that new and current faculty can get information on the above website are:
- Health benefits
- Health Flexible Spending plan
- Transit Benefit
- Basic health insurance
- Part-timer benefits
- Welfare Fund coverage
- Optional Welfare Fund benefits
- Additional retirement savings plans
- Miscellaneous other benefits
- All faculty are represented by the Professional Staff Congress of CUNY. While you may elect to opt out of membership from the PSC-CUNY, they are the body primarily responsible for negotiating new faculty contracts and arranging for a variety of faculty benefits. More information about the PSC union and the benefits they help administer may be found here:
PSC-CUNY -- http://www.psc-cuny.org/
FALL MEDICAL BENEFITS ENROLLMENT PERIOD: NEW YORK CITY HEALTH BENEFITS PROGRAM (NYCHBP)
The open enrollment period for the New York City Health Benefits Program is usually in November. During this time, employees may change plans, add or drop a rider and/or dependents. Any changes made during the transfer period will be effective the first day of the first full pay period in January. For more information regarding the NYCHBP you may visit:
- Health Benefits Application and Instructions: http://www.nyc.gov/html/olr/downloads/pdf/healthb/erbapp.pdf
- Current Health Plan Rates: http://www.nyc.gov/html/olr/downloads/pdf/healthb/emp_rates.pdf
- Comparison Chart of Health Plans: http://www.nyc.gov/html/olr/downloads/pdf/healthb/non_medicare_charts.pdf
- Employee/Retiree Responsibilities: http://www.nyc.gov/html/olr/html/health/employee_retiree_response.shtml
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS PROGRAM (FSA)
There are 4 programs under the FSA Program umbrella: the Health Care Flexible Spending Account (HCFSA) Program, the Dependent Care Assistance (DeCAP) Program, the Medical Spending Conversion Health Benefits Buy-Out Waiver Program and the Medical Spending Conversion Premium Conversion Program. Brochures and forms are available on the OLR website under Forms and Downloads at: http://nyc.gov/html/olr/html/forms/forms_and_dl.shtml
Employees currently enrolled in the Flexible Spending Account Program will automatically be mailed a FSA Program Brochure and Enrollment/Change Form to their address on record. In addition, participation will continue automatically each plan year for those currently enrolled in the MSC Buy-Out Waiver and Premium Conversion Programs. Therefore, it is not necessary to re-enroll in these two programs unless you have a change in status.
- 2010 FSA Program Brochure: http://www.nyc.gov/html/olr/downloads/pdf/fsa/2010_FSA_ProgramBrochure.pdf
- 2010 FSA Program Enrollment/Change Form: http://www.nyc.gov/html/olr/downloads/pdf/fsa/2010_FSA_EC_Form.pdf
- 2010 FSA Program Direct Deposit Form: http://www.nyc.gov/html/olr/downloads/pdf/fsa/directdepositfrm.pdf
- 2010 MSC Health Benefits Buy-Out Waiver Enrollment/Change Form: http://www.nyc.gov/html/olr/downloads/pdf/fsa/2010_MSCfrm.pdf
- 2010 MSC Premium Conversion Program: http://www.nyc.gov/html/olr/downloads/pdf/fsa/2010_PremConvFrm.pdf
PSC-CUNY WELFARE FUND
The PSC-CUNY Welfare Fund Transfer period is from October 31st through December 1st. During this period Fund participants and benefits-eligible employees may change their dental coverage between Guardian and DeltaCare USA. Please find the applications forms here.