Carolyn M. Somerville
Office: 1719 HW
Areas of Specialization:
- International Relations
- Comparative Politics
- Impact of Non-Governmental Organizations on Democracy in Africa
- PolSc 115: Introduction to International Politics
- PolSc 117: Introduction to Comparative Politics
- PolSc 260: African Politics through African Films
- PolSc 267: Politics of Southern Africa
- PolSc 273.05: Global Issues
- PolSc 278: International Organizations
- PolSc 352: State and Society in Africa
- PolSc 374: International Human Rights
Ph.D., University of Michigan, 1982.
- "What Political Science Is Missing by Not Studying AIDS" (with Kenneth S. Sherrill and Robert W. Bailey), PS: Political Science and Politics 25 (4) (December 1992): 688-93.
- "The Impact of the Reforms on the Urban Population of Senegal: How the Dakarois View the Crisis," in Chris Delgado and Sidi Jammeh, eds., The Political Economy of Structural Adjustment in Senegal (New York: Praeger, 1991).
- Drought and Aid in the Sahel: A Decade of Development Cooperation (Boulder, CO: Westview Press, 1986).