Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

You are here: Home Facilities Management & Planning FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions About Facilities Management & Planning



How can I get work done?
In order to have work of a non-emergency nature performed, a work order must be submitted through the online work order system, which requires a pre-assigned User Name and Password.  Once signed in, the submitter fills out the work order form and submits the order.  Work orders will be evaluated and prioritized, and Facilities staff will respond to requests as soon as possible.  Please keep in mind that the work order system is designed for standard, non-urgent work orders only.

How do I obtain a User Name and Password for the work order system?
Speak to your department administrator about obtaining a User Name and Password.

How can I find out the status of a work order I have submitted?
Once you have signed in to the work order system, you will see a link on the left side of the screen titled 'View my Submissions.' By clicking on this link, you can view the status of your work order submissions.



I need something fixed immediately - it's an emergency. What should I do?
Between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., please call Facilities at 212-772-4422 with emergency issues. BEFORE 9:00 a.m. and AFTER 5:00 p.m., you should contact Public Safety at 212.772.4444 to deal with emergency issues. The Public Safety office will alert the appropriate workers to get the problem taken care of. Examples of Facilities-related emergencies include excessively hot or cold rooms, pipes that have burst, flooding, broken windows, and spills of liquids that are suspected of being hazardous to one's health.

I need something fixed. It is not an emergency. How do I contact Facilities?
In order to have something of a non-emergency nature fixed, you will need to place an online work order. Click here to submit a work request.

The work I need done has to do with painting, window treatments, or flooring. How can I have this work done?
If you are in an academic department, please bring your painting, window treatment and floor work needs to the attention of your department chair. It is important that the department chair then include these needs in the Departmental Annual Report that all academic departments are asked to submit. It is from these Departmental Annual Reports that the Office of Facilities, Management & Planning prioritizes requests, based on the condition of the space that needs work and the funding available to do the work. For departments that do not submit Annual Reports, please request your painting, window treatment or flooring needs through the Dean or Vice President of your department.



How do I arrange for assistance from Facilities for special events?
Space for your special event at Hunter College is reserved through the Office of Central Reservations. Upon securing a space reservation, you will be informed about the additional steps you must take in order to receive support services from Facilities.



My space is too hot or too cold. Can anything be done about this?
Between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., please call 212-772-4422 with issues related to climate. Prior to 9:00 a.m. and after 5:00 p.m., you should contact Public Safety at 212-772-4444 to deal with these issues. Every effort will be made to adjust the climate in your space to make you more comfortable.



There appears to be some sort of construction on campus. How can I find out what's going on?
View the homepage of the Facilities website. The left sidebar will provide information on various construction projects taking place on Hunter campuses. Check back often, as we are continually developing and expanding this feature.

Document Actions


Facilities Management & Planning website feedback:
North Building Room C0062
(212) 772-4422 | email us
695 Park Ave
NY, NY 10065