Course selection decisions should be made strategically so that you explore and pursue academic interests and graduate in a timely fashion. Your priorities should include:
- Meeting requirements for your major/s as well as General Education Requirements
- Exploring interesting subjects
- Identifying courses that may assist you with specific skills that you wish to develop for personal or professional reasons
- Finding a balance among all your courses in a terms of the kinds of work they will require. Having one course that requires a great deal of reading is fine, having five such courses can be overwhelming. The same is true for writing assignments, lab work, studio courses, etc.
- Selecting courses that will maintain your TAP eligibility if you use that form of financial aid.
These tools will help you to find the best options for you:
- Q. What are the official requirements? What courses does Hunter offer?
A. See our College Catalog.
- Q. How can I find out about the professors and instructors?
A. Go to the archive of Instructor Evaluations.
- Q. How can I learn more about my courses - like the syllabus and books?
A. Go to Informed Registration to find out how.
- Q. What GER and major courses do I still need for my degree?
A. Find out at DIG (Degree Information for Graduation).
- Q. I use TAP financial aid. How can I learn about TAP course selection rules?
A. Review the TAP Tutorial at www.hunter.cuny.edu/taptutorial
Faculty advisors are the experts on majors, minors and their subject areas. Take advantage of their expertise!
- Advising Services
See an academic advisor to discuss GER, choosing a major, or any other academic question.
- Advising for Honors and Special Programs
Students in Macaulay Honors College, Thomas Hunter Honors Program, and SEEK can see their program advisor.
- Q. When does registration open and close? And when is payment due?
A. Go to the Office of the Registrar web site.
- Q. How can I check my own class schedule for time and locations?
A. See your personal schedule here: http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/myschedule.