Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

You are here: Home » Student Affairs: Services » International Students
Document Actions

Please note that the International Students Office will close at 3:00 PM on Wednesday, July 3rd and the International Student  Advisors will work remotely on Friday ,July 5th; also, CUNY will be closed on the following days during the summer and in September :

Thursday,July 4, on Fridays,July12,July19,July 26,August 2 , August 9 and Monday, September 2,2024.

Other the days,listed above,The International Students Advisors are available to assist you Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays,10:00 AM-4:00 PM, and on Wednesdays, 10:30 AM-5:00 PM, during the ISO Walk in hours or by appointment; please see our ISO walk in hours and appointment available times at Hours ( Navigation bar at left).

The ISO is closed on weekends and federal holidays.

International Students Information Update -2024-2025

Since the 2021 summer session,the CUNYfirst (CF) and the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) started the process of integrating into one system. If you are a new or continiuining student ,you can help us make this transition easier and more accurate by confirming or updating your personal information by completing the following form:

J-1 Visitor &F-1Check-In Form; Thank you in advance for completing the form.


Hunter College, City University of New York, is one of the most diverse colleges in the United States. International students from all corners of the world are enrolled as F-1 and J-1 Exchange students.

Our Mission

Our mission is to support international students and exchange visitors in their cultural and educational transition to the College. The ISO can assist you in reaching your educational goals by informing you about your rights and responsibilities regarding your immigration status in the United States and creating a supportive environment. We help to ensure your legal compliance with the Department of Homeland Security, the State Department and the Students and Exchange Visitors Program (SEVP).

About Our Web Site

Our website complements the services that we provide to international students and exchange visitor students. We strongly encourage you to use this site to get important information and quick answers to your questions about Hunter College, student visas, immigration regulations, and other topics.

See the Prospective Students page for general information about our admissions requirements, and the type of visa you need in order to study in the United States.

All Newly Admitted Students must learn about the requirements and steps to follow to request the SEVIS I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for the F-1 (student) Visa, or the DS2019 form for the J-1 (exchange visitor) Visa.

If you are attending classes, see the Current Students page for information about services that we offer to Hunter international students, including: filing for an extension of stay or reinstatement, applying for permission to work and the social security card, changing your immigration status, and participating in cultural programs and student events.

Contact us by phone or via email for more information or assistance with your admissions and applying for a visa.

Our Staff


Iris M. Aroyewun-Birchwood
Director, Designated School Official/Alternate Responsible Officer, International Student Advisor

Nadege Coriolan
Designated School Official/Alternate Responsible Officer, International Student Advisor


  • Kanishka Awasthi   College Assistant
  • Swera Falak      College Assistant

PLEASE NOTE: Neither Hunter College nor the International Students Office is affiliated with, or endorses any of the companies, services, or external organizations listed throughout this website. This information is provided as advice only and should not be regarded as an advertisement or endorsement.





contact us

212.772.4864 | f: 212.650.3147
Rooms 1108/1109 East Building, 695 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10065

« July 2024 »
Go to full calendar…