Document Actions


The International Students Office is currently open to visitors; our International Student Advisors and staff are available to assist you from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM on Monday to Thursday and 9:30 AM-4:00 PM on Fridays in person, via email at and/or telephone:212-772-4864.

Travel Signatures are available By walk in or by appointment.ContactIris Aroyewun-BirchwoodNadege Coriolan, and·our office staff.and copy the ISO email at;Please fill out theTravel Request Form.


OPT Information Sessions are scheduled, following are the times and days:

The last  OPT information session is scheduled for May 5, 2022,time: 11:00 AM-12:30 PM via Zoom, call or email to to RSVP and zoom meeting links will be sent.

Review the intructions to apply for OPT,below:

Review our step-by-step instructions for appying for OPT.


Digital I-20s

Due to the COVID-19 situation and based on recent guidance from the US government, the International Students Office staff are currently issuing digitally signed I-20s. Students in J-1 status will still receive a printed DS-2019 if they require a new DS-2019 as government guidance has not yet been released on digital DS-2019s.

This means that if you are a student in F-1 status and you apply for anything that requires a new I-20 (for example, a travel signature, OPT, CPT, etc.), you will receive a digital I-20 at your Hunter College email account instead of receiving a new, printed I-20, once your document is ready; only students applying for social security numbers, will require an original I-20 .


Updated SEVP FAQs Available

See the most recent update regarding SEVP


From the Hunter College International Students Office (ISO).

 Our office is open to visitors at this time, we can assist you during· office hours. Please email us at or call 212.772.4864. After office hours, we strongly encourage you to review the information on this website.

Your Status ( spring 2022-fall 2022)

Please note that CUNY, in collaboration with the Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS), is maintaining the F-1 or J-1 statuses of enrolled students, as long as you are engaged in a full-time course of study, including courses taught. "Full-time" means 12 credits for undergraduates, and 9 credits for graduate students, unless you have received written permission for a reduced course load from our office.

International Travel

We understand that some students wish to travel overseas; before leaving the United States, please email us at and complete our travel request form at Let us know that you'll need a travel endorsement signature. The travel endorsement signature will enable you to enter the United States when you return.

If you have already left the U.S. without a travel endorsement signature, please email us one month before your return to the United States and we'll explain how to get your signed/endorsed I-20 for F-1 students, or DS2019 for J-1 Exchange Visitor students.

OPT or· Academic Training

If you have pending appointments with one of the International Students Advisors or you have not finalized your Optional Practical Training application· (F-1) or Academic Training applications(J-1), please send an e-mail to either confirm or schedule an appoinment to apply for Optional Practical Training.

For Further Assistance

Please contact Iris Aroyewun-Birchwood, Director, at, or Nadege Coriolan, International Students Advisor at and always copy the ISO email:

We will keep you updated as additional information becomes available.

Iris Aroyewun-Birchwood
International Students Office





contact us

212.772.4864 | f: 212.650.3147
Rooms 1108/1109 East Building, 695 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10065