General Testing Rules
QUIET PLEASE * STUDENT AT WORK
1) PHOTO IDENTIFICATION - Photo identification is required to test - Hunter College identification or other student identification, driver license, passport or another form of government issued photo identification, are all acceptable forms of photo identification for CUNY exams. Photo identification must be current. Original photo identification must be presented - photocopies, faxed copies and/or electronic copies are not allowed.
2) ELECTRONIC DEVICES - All electronic devices containing an off and on option, including cellular phones and watches, are to be turned off and put away. Electronic devices containing an off and on option, including cellular phones and watches, are not allowed until you leave the Testing Center. Kindly be advised that calculators are not permitted for certain exams.
3) RESTROOM BREAKS - Candidates are advised to use the restroom before entering the exam area. Upon exiting the exam room, all testing material must be turned in. The Office of Accessibility may provide special waivers to this rule as needed. Documentation of waiver must be presented to the Academic Testing Specialist at least one week prior to the exam.
4) UNATTENDED CHILDREN - Children are not allowed in the room(s) used for testing. Please make other arrangements for children. Further, children are not allowed to be unsupervised in the Hunter College Testing Center.
5) QUIET PLEASE - One of the purposes of the Testing Center is to provide a quiet, undisturbed testing environment. Please take special care as you arrive and leave to maintain that quiet atmosphere. Standing outside of a testing room to talk to others is prohibited.
6) PROCESS - After your picture identification has been seen and verified, you sill be signed in and directed to the examination room. The proctor will then escort and assign you to your seat.
7) VIOLATION OF RULES - If a candidate violates the guidelines established by the Hunter College Testing Center or the institution providing the exam, the incident will be reported for possible academic disciplinary action. In addition, the candidate may be escorted out of the Testing Center by Campus Safety & Security.
8) SPECIAL TESTING ACCOMMODATIONS - Candidates who require testing accommodations should submit proof of their accommodations at least one week prior to the exam date. Announcing the need for special accommodations on the day of the exam may require the exam to be rescheduled to ensure that the accommodations are met.
Visit the Department of Public Safety at Hunter College for more information on our safe and secure environment.