National League for Nursing (NLN)
Pre-Admission Exam (PAX) for Registered Nurse (RN)
The Hunter College Testing Center administers this exam on behalf of students who want to apply to the Generic & Accelerated Second-Degree Pathways Nursing Program. This is a standardized exam used in conjunction with other criteria to determine acceptance to a nursing program.
HOW TO REGISTER
- Registration and payment for the exam is conducted on the NLN website.
- Follow the online instructions located in the registration store to register and pay for the Pre-Admission Exam (PAX). Be sure to select Hunter College as your test site.
- A $36.00 administration fee is required to be paid the day of the test during the sign-in process. Payment will only be accepted in the Testing Center in the form of money order only. Money orders are to be made payable to Hunter College Testing Center, 695 Park Avenue, Room 150 North, New York, NY 10065.
- For more information about the exam, contact the National League for Nursing at www.nln.org/testingservices/ns/ns_gs_pax.htm.
THE DAY OF THE TEST
Remember the following:
- Login and password you create on the NLN website
- A $36.00 money order payable to the Hunter College Testing Center, 695 Park Avenue, Room 150 North, New York, NY 10065
- Valid photo identification bearing both a photo and signature
TAKING THE EXAM
- You can repeat the exam once every six months.
- Your most scores are valid for 2 years. If the exam is taken multiple times, the Hunter-Bellevue School of Nursing will consider the highest score in the admissions process.
- Calculators are not allowed.
NLN TESTING SCHEDULE
View our online calendar, contact the Hunter College Testing Center at 212.772.4920
For a complete list of 2015 PAX testing dates, click here→
Registration for exams in 2016 will start on 11/30/2015. For a list of 2016 PAX testing dates, click here→
Do you have questions about the Hunter-Bellevue School of Nursing program?
Contact the Hunter-Bellevue School of Nursing at 212.481.7596 or visit their website at http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/nursing.
Study guide information can be found online at http://www.nln.org/testingservices/ns/ns_gs_studyguide.htm.