National League for Nursing (NLN)
Pre-Admission Exam (PAX) for Registered Nurse (RN) Program
The Hunter College Testing Center administers this exam on behalf of students who want to apply to the Generic & Accelerated Second-Degree Pathways Nursing Program. This is a standardized exam used in conjunction with other criteria to determine acceptance to a nursing program.
HOW TO REGISTER
- Registration and payment for the exam is conducted on the NLN website.
- Follow the online instructions located in the registration store to register and pay for the Pre-Admission Exam (PAX). Be sure to select Hunter College as your test site.
- For more information about the exam, contact the National League for Nursing at www.nln.org/testingservices/ns/ns_gs_pax.htm.
TAKING THE EXAM
- Remember the login and password you create on the NLN website. You will need them to take the exam.
- You can repeat the exam once every six months.
- Your most scores are valid for 2 years. If the exam is taken multiple times, the Hunter-Bellevue School of Nursing will consider the highest score in the admissions process.
NLN TESTING SCHEDULE
Contact the Hunter College Testing Center at 212.772.4920 or view our online calendar.
695 Park Avenue, Room 150 North
Monday - Thursday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm (closed on Friday during the summer)
Do you have questions about the Hunter College Nursing program?
Contact the Hunter-Bellevue School of Nursing at 212.481.7596 or visit their website at http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/nursing.
Study guide information can be found online at http://www.nln.org/testingservices/ns/ns_gs_studyguide.htm.