National League for Nursing (NLN)
Pre-Admission Exam (PAX) for Registered Nurse (RN)
The Hunter College Testing Center administers this exam on behalf of students who want to apply to the Generic & Accelerated Second-Degree Pathways Nursing Program. This is a standardized exam used in conjunction with other criteria to determine acceptance to a nursing program.
The PAX RN comprises three main areas: Verbal, Mathematics and Science.
HOW TO REGISTER
- Registration and payment for the exam is conducted via the NLN Examination Portal.
- Reference the Student Guide to NLN Testing Portal for instruction on how to create a NLN account, register for the Pre-Admission Exam (PAX) and exam protocol. Be sure to select Hunter College as your test site.
- A $36.00 administration fee is required to be paid the day of the test during the sign-in process. Payment will only be accepted in the Testing Center in the form of money order only. Money orders are to be made payable to Hunter College Testing Center, 695 Park Avenue, Room 150 North, New York, NY 10065. Note: This payment is separate from the exam fee paid directly to the National League for Nursing.
- For more information about the exam, contact the National League for Nursing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE DAY OF THE TEST
Remember the following:
- Login and password you create on the NLN Examination Portal
- A $36.00 money order payable to the Hunter College Testing Center, 695 Park Avenue, Room 150 North, New York, NY 10065
- Valid photo identification bearing both a photo and signature
TAKING THE EXAM
- You can repeat the exam once every six months.
- Your results are valid for 2 years. If the exam is taken multiple times, the Hunter-Bellevue School of Nursing will consider the highest score in the admissions process. NOTE: Score reports are available to students via the NLN Examination Portal for one year from test date, after which time they are archived. Once an exam is archived, in order to receive a copy, students will need to pay a processing fee.
NLN TESTING SCHEDULE
View our online calendar, contact the Hunter College Testing Center at 212.772.4920
Do you have questions about the Hunter-Bellevue School of Nursing program?
Contact the Hunter-Bellevue School of Nursing at 212.481.7596 or visit their website at http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/nursing.