Rules & Regulations
Violators of these rules will be barred from the facility for the remainder of the semester.
GENERAL MULTIMEDIA LAB RULES - Users of the lab:
- must sign in at the front window before using the facility.
- must present a Hunter ID card to work in the Center.
- may not bring food or beverages in the lab (including water bottles).
- must conduct themselves in an orderly fashion so as not to disturb other people who are working in the facility.
- should be considerate of others when speaking with tutors or students.
- should not leave their belongings unattended; we are not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- should return their chairs to under-table position when leaving.
- should have cellular phones and beepers turned off while in the lab.
GENERAL EQUIPMENT RULES - A User:
- may be displaced after an hour by an arriving user if there are no other workstations available (the person vacating the workstation will be given 5 minutes to terminate his session in an orderly fashion).
- may be displaced for emergency maintenance.
- should not leave a workstation or a login unattended.
- may not take Lab equipment out of the Center.
COMPUTER USAGE RULES - Computer Users:
- may not install any software on the computers.
- may not move or modify system files or software packages installed on the computers in the Learning Center.
- may only use only one workstation.
- may not save a computer when you leave the lab.
- may not print more than one copy of a document at a time.
- may not give out their password or share their account.
- may not attempt to bypass security features or steal passwords.
- may not reboot, turn off, or move any workstation or PC.
- may not play games on these computers.
- may only save material in your home directory or floppy disk. All other material saved in any other location other than the above mentioned will be destroyed.