How do I create a new news item?
A news item is a time-sensitive article pertaining to your office or department, similar to a press release.
News items can be used to automatically populate your subsite's News portlet.
To create a news item:
- From your subsite's homepage, click on the Contents tab.
- Click on Pressroom.
- Click on News.
- Once you are in the News folder, click on Add New... in the green toolbar, then select News Item.
- You'll be brought to the Add News Item page.
- Enter a title and description (optional) in the appropriate fields. The main content of your news article should go in the Body Text area.
- You can attach a photo to the article by uploading it in the Image field. The image you upload here will appear alongside the article on the article page, as well as on the News archive/listing page.
- When you're done, remember to click Save.