How do I create a new seminar?
A seminar is a content type used to describe a conference or lecture event with a featured keynote speaker.
Seminars can be used to automatically populate your subsite's Seminars portlet.
To create a new seminar:
- From your subsite's homepage, click on the Contents tab.
- Click on Pressroom.
- Click on Seminars.
- Once you are in the Seminars folder, click on Add New... in the green toolbar, then select Seminar.
- You'll be brought to the Add Seminar page.
- Enter the seminar's name, topic, location, start time and end time. Topic and location are optional.
- In the Descriptive Text area, you can include detailed information about the seminar.
- Enter a list of attendees (who you're inviting, i.e. students, faculty, staff, etc.), any relevant categories, a seminar URL (web page) if one exists, contact information for the person or department hosting the event, the name of the key speaker, information about the key speaker, and the name of the hosting organization.
- When you're done, remember to click Save.