Refund and Discount Policies
- If Hunter/IELI cancels a course, students are entitled to a 100% refund (including registration fee.)
- For student withdrawals, the registration fee is non-refundable.
- If a student withdraws before the first day of classes, tuition is refunded minus the $25 registration fee and a $10 drop fee.
Refund Policy for Full-Time Students:
A 50% refund will be granted when a student withdraws during the first week of classes. Second week students can only get a credit for future classes for up to one year. No tuition refund will be granted thereafter. Warning: credits expire after one year.
Refund Policy for Part-Time Students:
- After the first class meeting, no refund will be issued.
- The testing/IELI processing fee is not refundable. (The placement test is valid for 12 months.)
- Payment must be made in full by the second day of the first week of classes, or a $50 late payment fee will be charged.
- Refund requests must be accompanied by your receipt. The processing of refunds takes one to four weeks.
- Credit card refunds are credited back to the card used to register for the course(s). Refund via check will be mailed 4 to 6 weeks after cancelled registration.
All discounts are available on individual courses of $100 or more.
- 20% discount - Discount for Hunter employees, currently enrolled Hunter College degree students, and senior diplomatic personnel (UN Diplomats, Vice-Consuls, Ambassadors, etc.) or immediate family members (spouse and children only) not to exceed the cost of one 18 hour per week/8 week program (must present proof)
- 10% discount - Discount for US Veterans, CUNY employees, and diplomatic support staff (e.g. secretarial, clerical staff), and senior citizens, aged 62+ (must present proof)
- 10% discount - Discount for company groups of 5 or more employees.
Any additional discounts may be given at the discretion of the director or his designee.
Note: Discounts may not be combined. Unless otherwise indicated, employees must have a minimum of three months employment to be eligible for discounts. Exceptions to the discount policy require Director’s written approval.