Office: 1705 HW
Areas of Specialization:
- History of Political Thought: Modern and Contemporary
- Critical Theory
- Feminist Theory
- PolSc 200: Introduction to Political Ideas
- PolSc 201: Ancient Political Theory
- PolSc 202: Modern Political Theory
- PolSc 203: Political Theory from 1900-Present
- PolSc 304.01: Marx and Marxism
- PolSc 302: Critique and Politics
- PolSc 309: Feminist Political Theory
Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley (2006)
M.A., University of California, Berkeley (2000)
B.A. Smith College (1999)
- Forthcoming. Commemorative Review Essay on The Sexual Contract, by Carole Patemen. History of the Present.
- “Defining Romnesia,” Theory & Event, vol. 13, issue 1, 2013.
- "Machiavelli Contra Governmentality," Contemporary Political Theory, Vol. 11, no. 4, 2012, 339-361.
- "Five Theses on Neoliberalism and the Financial Crisis" in Burden of Our Times: The Intellectual Origins of the Financial Crisis, ed. Roger Berkowitz (Fordham University Press, 2012)
- "'I would rather wait for you than believe you are not coming at all': Revolutionary love in a post-revolutionary time," Philosophy and Social Criticism, Vol. 36, no. 6, July 2010, 643-662.
- "A Grammar of Hope in An Age of Empire?" Review of Paolo Virno's Grammar of the Multitude, Theory & Event, Vol. 9, issue 4, 2006.
- "'Already the Effect of the Whip': Critical Theory and the Feminine Ideal," differences, Vol. 17, no. 1, Spring 2006, 88-115.