NEW STUDENTS ORIENTATION
Other topics covered include:
- The importance of obtaining health insurance
- Employment options available to International Students in the US
- Cultural and social activities made available to International Students by non-profit organizations, especially One-to-World
- Learn healthy tips on how to cope with stress
- Meet other new international students
- information regarding NYCID, or New York State or New Jersey ID cards
- information regarding limited scholarship resources
Students are encouraged to bring copies of their I-20 (F-1 Student Status) or DS2019 (J-1 Exchange Visitor)forms, Passport, Visa and the Arrival stamp in their passport, as well as a copy of change of status approval notice, if applicable. These documents wll enable the International Students Office staff to answer individual questions quickly and accurately. In addition, any undergraduate students who have already registered for classes are encouraged to bring a copy of their schedule and transfer credit evaluations to assist Academic Advisors in their advising.
SPRING 2017 ORIENTATIONS:
Undergraduate students( first year and transfer)-
F-1 Graduate students and J-1Exchange Visitors-
New Student Orientation meeting geared for F-1 graduate students and all J-1 Exchange Students, will be held on Wednesday, January 25 from1:30 pm to 3:30 pm in room: 508,Hunter West Building.
We look foward to meeting you.