Arabic Study Abroad Opportunities
Please note that we are simply making this information available and do not necessarily endorse the programs listed below. Be sure to learn as much as you can about the programs you are interested in, as well as the current political/security situation of the countries where they are located.
It is a requirement that any CUNY student must purchase approved travel insurance before embarking on any study abroad trip. It is also essential that you check and see if there are any US State Department Travel Alerts or Warnings for the country to which you are planning to travel.
Credits can only be transferred back to Hunter for Universities accredited in the US. These include The American Univeristy in Cairo, The American University in Beirut, The Lebanese American University in Beirut, and Al-Akhawayn University Ifrane, Morocco. Because of Hunter's own study aborad program, students may also transfer credits from the Qasid Institute in Jordan. For more information about transferring study abroad credits back to Hunter, please contact the Hunter College Education Abroad office.
Members of the Arabic program faculty are happy to meet to discuss options for Arabic study abroad.
- Arabic Language Institute in Fez (ALIF)
- Center for Cross Cultural Learning in Rabat (CCCL)
- Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane (possible to take courses here in English for credit as well)
- Qalam wa Lahw in Rabat
- Kalimat Language & Cultural Center in Cairo
- Arabic Language Intensive Program at the American University in Cairo (possible to take courses here in English for credit as well)
- International Language Institute in Cairo
- American University of Beirut (possible to take courses here in English for credit as well)
- Lebanese American University in Beirut (possible to take courses here in English for credit as well)
- Qasid Arabic Institute in Amman (for information about Hunter's January in Jordan program at Qasid, go here)