Information for Current Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Students
Requirements to receive the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate
To complete the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program and receive the certificate all students must:
- Complete a year of college level English. This requirement can be fulfilled by undergraduate transfer credit and/or by taking courses at Hunter.
- Complete one year of Mathematics BEYOND Pre-Calculus. This requirement can be fulfilled by undergraduate transfer credit and/or by taking courses at Hunter. There are two ways to fulfill this requirement at Hunter:
- MATH 150 (Calculus) and MATH 155 (Calculus II)
- MATH 150 (Calculus) and STAT 213 (STAT 113 does not fulfill this requirement)
- Complete 38 credits in science courses (Biology, Physics & Chemistry) at Hunter College within 36 months.
- Maintain a 3.3 GPA for every semester in the program with no individual course grade below a B-.
- Provide 56 hours of service to the Hunter College Community during your time in the program.
- Obtain a Committee Letter
For more detailed information about receiving your certificate (including application procedures), click on the Receiving Your Certificate link on the left.
Students who were admitted to the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program prior to the Fall of 2010 MUST meet with a Pre-Health advisor to evaluate their eligibility for the certificate.
Stay connected with other students in the Post-Baccaulareate Certificate Program at Hunter, join their Yahoo! Group.
You will get information regarding coursework, professors, textbooks, and social events.
All students who are in the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program should have access to a group under My Organizations on Blackboard called Post- Baccalaureate Certificate Program. Here students enrolled in the Post-Bacc program will find information about service hours, special events and other pertinent details.
If you are a part of the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program and you do not have access to this Blackboard site, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, include your full name and Hunter e-mail address in the body of the message.