Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

You are here: Home Communication Sciences FAQs International Students

International Students


Will non-US degrees be accepted?

When applying to Hunter College's master of science degree in the Department of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, the criteria for admissions are the same no matter where you undertook undergraduate work. Through the Graduate Admissions Office, you will need to find out what courses and grades are the US equivalents. Native speakers of a language other than English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) examination.

I am speech-language pathologist in my native country and need courses to get a New York State license. How do I go about applying?

Unfortunately, at this time the Department does not have a mechanism which allows unlicensed speech-language pathologists to take courses which will enable them to apply for a New York State license or ASHA certification. Every applicant wishing to matriculate into the Department's curriculum must successfully fulfill the degree requirements before the Program Director can sign off on applications for NYS State License or ASHA certification.


Document Actions
Contact us


Department of Speech-Language & Audiology Office - Email:

Ms. Joanne Johnson
Voice 212 481 4467
Fax: 212 481 4458
For department inquiries, E-mail:
or clinic inquiries,

Office Hours:
Monday-Thursday 12-5 pm

Office Location:
Room 900 (West Building)
425 East 25th Street
New York, NY 10010

Program's Speech & Hearing Clinic

Please email inquiries about our clinic to 
For department/program inquiries, E-mail:

Hunter College Center for Communication Disorders
N133 (North Building)
425 East 25th Street
New York, NY 10010 

Monday-Thursday 10 am - 6 pm

Clinic phone: 212 481 4464
Clinic fax: 212 481 3029 

Clinic Appointments

Audiology & Speech-Language Pathology Services
Voice: 212 481 4464
Fax: 212 481 3029

« March 2023 »
Go to full calendar…
Communication Sciences website feedback:
425 East 25th Street Room 900
(212) 481-4467 | email us
695 Park Ave
NY, NY 10065