Hunter Core Requirement for Mathematical and Quantitative Reasoning
A course in this area must meet all of the following learning outcomes. A student will:
- Interpret and draw appropriate inferences from quantitative representations, such as formulas, graphs, or tables.
- Use algebraic, numerical, graphical, or statistical methods to draw accurate
conclusions and solve mathematical problems.
- Represent quantitative problems expressed in natural language in a suitable
- Effectively communicate quantitative analysis or solutions to mathematical
problems in written or oral form.
- Evaluate solutions to problems for reasonableness using a variety of means,
including informed estimation.
- Apply mathematical methods to problems in other fields of study.
Click here for a list of approved courses at Hunter that satisfy this requirement.
Click here for the application to apply earned elective credits to this requirement.